- This event has passed.
21 June, 2019 @ 6:30 pm - 11:00 pm
According to the European Music Festival Chart, Cervia organizes the Music Festival in the most evocative places of the town. The city center is transformed into a large stage, in the characteristic historical center and in Viale Roma there will be various “music points” that will offer different genres.
Thursday, June 21 also Cervia joins the European Music Festival.
- At 18.00, to open the event, the literary walk organized by the Maria Goia Municipal Library, which starting from Piazza Pisacane includes traveling readings by Nicoletta Fabbri.
- From 19.30 then the historic center is transformed into a large stage to accommodate musical groups of all kinds. The streets of the quadrilateral and the Piazzale Ascione in viale Roma will be the scenery of a path dedicated to music.+
Organized by the Culture Department in collaboration with the G. Rossini School of Music and the Cervia Centro Consortium, the music festival includes a series of concerts:
- it starts at 19.30, outside the Teatro Comunale, with the Cesenatico Saxy Shop Band group that offers a repertoire of funk and jazz music. From 8.00 pm, in Viale Roma, Piazzale Ascione, “The corner of the piano” with the boys of the G. Rossini Municipal School of Music. At the same time in the garden Pope Innocent XII, next to the church, the Instrumental Group of the Municipal School of Music will propose a repertoire of modern music.
- At 8.30 pm, in Via XX Settembre 98, near the entrance of the Sarti cinema, the Trio Esperanto will perform. At the same time, in Borgomarina, animated by the Borgomarina Thursdays, the touring exhibition of the band Marakatimba, an Afro-Brazilian, Afro-Cuban and funky percussion orchestra born in Bologna in 2006 by a group of musicians from different geographical musical extraction.
- At 21.30 Piazza Garibaldi will be filled with the voices and instruments of the G. Rossini Municipal School of Music, while in other points of the quadrilateral it will be possible to attend other concerts: in Piazzale Ascione will be the turn of the Modena Vertical Lines group, who propose a repertoire of rock music.
- At 10.00 pm in Corso Mazzini 60, the group of Meldola Tarte Tatin will perform, while in Piazza Pisacane from 22.30 it will be the turn of the Los-T, from Modena.
Since 1982, the year in which the first edition took place in France, the European Music Festival is held every year on the day of the summer solstice in many European countries. Even in Italy, the event is organized by numerous organizations under the direction of the Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities.
Cervia once again participates enthusiastically in the initiative Music Festival, which sees music for a day protagonist throughout the nation, to convey that message of culture, participation, integration and universality that music, in all its languages, is able to communicate.
Cervia has joined the Festival of Music promoted by the Ministry and some musicians will arrive in the city thanks to the portal of the ministry, which includes the program of the city of salt.
In case of bad weather the event will be postponed to Tuesday, June 26, with a possible reduced program.
Read the offers of the Hotel Lem Casadei in Cervia and book now!